Working with Unitil
Unitil provides natural gas service in Maine in the following areas:
- Cape Elizabeth
- Lisbon Falls
- New Gloucester
- North Berwick
- Old Orchard Beach
- South Berwick
- South Portland
Take advantage of Unitil’s free service line installation:
If your home is located less than 100 feet from a natural gas main and you intend on using natural gas to heat your home, installation of the natural gas service line from the street to your home is FREE (some restrictions may apply).
Here’s the process to convert to natural gas with Unitil:
- Not every community has natural gas service in all locations. To determine if natural gas service is available in your neighborhood, fill out the form on this page.
- Complete contract and meter location form – ReVision Heat will be happy to assist you in completing application and rebate forms
- Sign Contract with Unitil
- Unitil installs meter bar- 4 – 6 week wait
- ReVision Heat hooks up appliance
- Unitil installs meter
- ReVision Heat removes oil boiler
What information do I need to know for new residential gas service?
Name, address of the new location and the gas equipment to be installed with input rating
- What information do I need to start an account?
Address of the new location
Former tenant’s name (if applicable)
Your social security number
Your telephone number at the new location
Your business phone number
The date you will require service
- What is the cost of natural gas vs. home heating oil?
Unitil has a great home heating calculator. Simply describe your home, (number of stories, square footage, heat setting, etc.) and determine how much you’ll save with your conversion to natural gas!
Hint: heating with natural gas is like heating with oil……if oil were $2.00/gallon!
- Do we need to go without heat to convert to natural gas?
reVision heat works hard to make a seamless transition without any interruption of service.
- I have natural gas in my neighborhood. How long will it take to convert?
Once a contract is signed, it only takes about 4 – 6 weeks before you’re heating with clean, safe natural gas.
- Are there state or federal rebates available? Yes. There are a variety of rebates available; reVision heat will assist you in completing paperwork to receive these rebates, right down to the stamped envelope. We put the “customer” in customer service!
- There’s a city moratorium preventing digging on my street. What can I do?
First, we need to determine if your current oil boiler is unsafe. If it’s a safety or health hazard, we can assist you in requesting a waiver.